Friday, September 11, 2009

Choose the Journey, not the Destination.

18, coming 19 years may not be much, but I have come a pretty long way. 

My life may seem pretty decent and great, and no doubt, it is! But it came with plenty of hard knocks and emotional bang bangs too. Seeing how some of my girls, friends and even strangers are struggling with issues in their lives, reminded me of how I struggled as well. 

Every walk, journey and destiny is separated by difference. Everyone walks a different path, and has a different destiny. But when our lives intersect with these similar experiences, God uses and enables people to be witnesses to what He has done and be true living testimonies. And I'm beginning to experience what it means to have people see the love of God through me. 

You may feel like an insignificant individual on earth, but God sees you as the apple of His eye. God doesn't need to use us, but He chooses to, because He believes in us. 

I witnessed two spectrums of behaviour on the short bus ride home. Here's what:

A group of boys, 5 to be exact, ranging from secondary to primary school were on the bus. They teased and provoked the younger one, which resulted in the spilling of vulgarities that even people twice or thrice his age wouldn't have dared to say. I was appalled, thinking about how the older boys not only failed to set an example for the younger one, but also encouraged the use of those vulgarities. They laughed along, and it showed on the little boy's face, that he thought it was okay. 

And then, at that moment as the bus was leaving the bus stop, I saw a little girl chasing after her grandfather, just to grab hold of his hand. The way her grandfather clasped his hand with his granddaughter's, was.. priceless. 

For that moment, all the vulgarities I heard, all the negative thoughts about the youth of this generation disappeared. In that moment, I saw tenderness - God's tenderness towards our generation. He knows how flawed and sinful we are, but still, He loves this generation. Even when we spout vulgarities and fail to influence the younger ones the right way, He still loves us. 

I want to chase.
I want to catch hold of my Father's hand and heart. 

Do you? 

This generation has a call, and I believe that. It is also why I believe in my girls, mentee and every new batch of my P6s. And sometimes, I lose that call for myself. I stop believing that I too have a call in this generation.

Ultimately, I stand thankful that I'm enabled by God to share what He has brought me through and what He taught me through those times. 

To those struggling, struggle. But don't stop wrestling with God. When you struggle, you just want a way out because you want the pain to stop. But when you wrestle, you don't let go because you trust and believe that God WILL come through for you. Through wrestling, you'll find yourself in the arms of God. You'll realise and learn after the ordeal, that rainbows after storms are real, true gifts and rewards :) 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home